Ohio LinuxFest 2014 – Speaker Agreement
All Speakers must agree to and adhere to the terms and conditions in the following Speaker Agreement:
This Speaker Agreement (this "Agreement") is provided by me to the Ohio LinuxFest Corporation, its officers, heirs, agents, and assigns (the "OLF Corporation") with respect to my attendance and performance of a presentation at the Ohio LinuxFest 2014 (the "Event"). By submitting this Agreement and/or by presenting at the Event, I hereby agree to the following:
(NOTE to the speaker: before submitting a talk proposal, you must select one of the following options, 1a or 1b. If you wish to ALLOW recording of your presentations, choose 1a on the form. If you wish to FORBID recording, choose 1b.)
1a. As part of the Event, audio and/or video of my presentation may be recorded. Such recordings will be joint works of the OLF Corporation and myself. I hereby grant permission to the OLF Corporation to copy, publicly perform, and create derivative works of the recordings. I further grant permission to the OLF Corporation to distribute copies of the original or derivative recordings under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license, the terms of which are available from the web address http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/.
1b. I do not permit recording of my presentation at the Event.
2. I permit my name, voice, likeness, and biographic or other information to be used on the Event web site, in promotional materials, and for other purposes in connection with the Event.
3. At least 8 days prior to the Event, I will provide an electronic copy of the slides, demonstration code, other visual aids, and other materials I will use in connection with my presentation (the "Presentation Materials"). The Presentation Materials may be copied and distributed according to the terms stated therein. If I have stated no terms in the Presentation Materials, they may be copied and distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license. I understand that these materials may be converted to another format for any purpose, including ease of distribution.
4. I represent that the presentation and Presentation Materials are my own original material or material for which I have full authority to grant the rights set forth in this Speaker Agreement. I represent and warrant that in making my presentation that I will not be violating the rights of any other party, nationally or internationally, with respect to copyright, patent, trade secret, or other laws, nor will I be violating any local, state, or federal law, nor any restrictions or limitations set forth in any contract to which I am a party.
5. The rights set forth in this Speaker Agreement are granted on a royalty-free and irrevocable basis. I understand that I shall retain the copyright to the presentation and Presentation Materials, subject to the exceptions and license grants indicated above.
6. I acknowledge that even after being notified that I have been selected to speak at the Event, my presentation may be canceled at the discretion of the OLF Corporation. I acknowledge that I may also cancel my presentation at my discretion by submitting notice at least 5 days prior to the Event; however, I will provide as much greater notice as is reasonably possible.
7. I warrant that my presentation will be substantively alike to the details provided in my online application, and that its primary focus is either educational and/or community oriented.
8. The OLF Corporation reserves the right to add, change, or delete any of the terms and conditions in this Speaker Agreement by providing written notice to me. If I do not agree to such changes, my only recourse is to cancel my presentation.
9. The OLF Corporation shall not under any circumstances be liable to me or to any other person for any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, special, indirect, consequential, financial, economic, or otherwise, even if advised of the potential of these damages, or even if these damages were foreseeable, without limitation, for any reason whatsoever, without limitation, including but not limited to damages caused by negligence, tort, loss of profits, direct damages, gross negligence, or otherwise. Notwithstanding anything in this Speaker Agreement to the contrary, the maximum liability of the OLF Corporation for any and all losses, claims, damages, or liabilities of any kind for my participation in this event shall be limited to $1.
10. This Speaker Agreement supersedes all prior agreements and understandings of the parties, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio. Any arbitration or court action hereunder shall take place in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Neither party will institute any legal proceedings against the other without providing 30 days advance written notice of its intent to do so.