Get Involved - Store Manager
It takes a lot of effort to put on Ohio LinuxFest each year, but as the old saying has it, many hands make light work. Maybe you can volunteer for one of our needed areas.
The Store Manager works with other teams, including Registration and Shirts, to sell everything from books to upgrades for registration.
The Store Manager is responsible for:
- Helping to develop the list of books that will be sold (books by speakers and instructors will be offered)
- Working with the partner vendor to order the books
- Working with the Shirt chair to catalog what shirts are in-stock
- Helping attendees purchase upgrades to their registration
- Run the store at the event, including handling credit cards and dealing with customer service issues
- Manage volunteers to assist at the store
The Store Manager should have a basic knowledge of retail sales and customer service. Knowledge of computing issues related to the conference is preferred but not required.
If you think you could do one of this or one of our other open positions, please drop us a line at team_at_ohiolinux_dot_org. We'd love to hear from you.