Get Involved - Volunteer Coordinator
It takes a lot of effort to put on Ohio LinuxFest each year, but as the old saying has it, many hands make light work. Maybe you can volunteer for one of our needed areas.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for helping find and herd the volunteers that help keep the Ohio LinuxFest running at the event itself. In the past we have obtained about 10-20 folks who volunteered via the webform and another 10-20 who volunteered on site at the conference.
We will also be looking at ways for people to get registration 'upgrades' in return for volunteer time.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for:
- Helping to develop the volunteer form on the website
- Assigning volunteers based on need and their preferences
- Monitoring volunteers for actual time worked
- Moving volunteers to where need is the greatest
- Working with other chairs to see that their volunteer needs are met
This is a position for someone who is great working with people and can juggle a few things at once.
If you think you could do one of this or one of our other open positions, please drop us a line at team_at_ohiolinux_dot_org. We'd love to hear from you.