OLFI 2012: Advanced Hadoop
This tutorial will explain how to leverage a Hadoop cluster to do data analysis using Java MapReduce, Apache Hive and Apache Pig. It is recommended that participants have experience with some programming language.
- Why are Hadoop and MapReduce needed?
- Writing a Java MapReduce program
- Common algorithms applied to Hadoop such as indexing, classification, joining data sets and graph processing
- Data analysis with Hive and Pig
- Overview of writing applications that use Apache HBase
NOTE: Some programming experience is strongly recommended for this session.
Instructor: Tom Hanlon, Cloudera
Schedule: 1 pm to 4 pm