OLF Institute (OLFI) offers a choose-your-own-adventure approach to professional development. Expert instructors provide training on topics that are relevant to today’s technical professionals. Classes are only available with the OLFI Professional Pass registration. So please make sure you select this option on the Registration Page.
We’re pleased to continue offering OLFI at a competitive community rate. While other professional training is often thousands of dollars, our pricing is only $399 per class, or $749 for two classes. Advance registration insures that you will get a spot in the session you need. Note that walk-in registrations may not be available for the 2023 conference.
OLFI presents full-day training sessions (a morning session followed by an afternoon sessions with a lunch break).
Full Day Sessions (Morning and Afternoon)
LPI Boot Camp (Friday, September 8, 2023)– Cancelled
- Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes (Friday, September 8, 2023)
- Using Ansible for Automation (Saturday, September 9, 2023)
Registration for Training Courses
Go to the registration page to register for the training course and select “OLFI Professional Pass”. During the registration process, you will get an option to select your specific class.
Requesting Funds for OLFI Training
You may use the following template to requests funds to support your OLFI training from your company or manager.
I’d like to attend the upcoming OLF Conference and OLFI (OLF Institute) taking place Friday and Saturday, September 8-9, 2023 in Columbus. After researching many conferences, you will agree that this is practical, reasonably priced and convenient conference. Hundreds of the most talented national professionals in the industry gather together for this event. Although the Expo Hall and keynote presentations will be crowded, the professional instruction available in OLFI provides a limited class size for individual attention addressing unique issues that the attendee presents. Professional Links to specific training opportunities are listed here: https://olfconference.org/2023-olfi-training/
Here’s how my attendance at OLF Institute and Conference will be strengthening our company:
- OLF Conference connects the open source community under one roof. It saves time and money, covering many technologies for IT Architects, DevOps and Security Professionals.
- Many of the top technical minds attend as well as present annually. Face to face time as well as the participation in OLF social media groups encourages relationship building between conferences. This creates a strategic partnership that is a handy tool to use now and later since we face the same challenges and explore possible solutions.
- As a better trained, more confident employee, I will be of more value to the company by providing the experience, knowledge, and leadership to others in the workplace.
- My attendance provides positive exposure to our business through networking, birds of feather sessions, lightning talks. I will be proud to be supported by our company. My attendance shines a spotlight on how our company management values for the advancement of our company’s technology and staff.
If I pre-register, the fee is only $399 for one class, or $749 for two. Included in the registration fee is the selected professional training workshop (OLFI), plus all the main conference keynotes and sessions, access to the sponsor technology expo, lunch and refreshment breaks. It also includes entrance to evening events.
I would be happy to write a post-conference report detailing what was learned and to recommend any changes we can implement to improve our practices.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Here’s hoping we can make this opportunity work.