Kubernetes on Google Cloud
Instructor: Joe Albanese (Google Inc.)
As more and more businesses are moving to Cloud, understanding and effectively utilizing Cloud technologies has become a key skill for Linux and open source professionals. Google is one of the key players in the Cloud market and Google Kubernetes Engine provides centralized application management at scale. It brings latest in automation and flexibility to the open source community. It provides support for a variety of applications, scalability, and high availability. This training will provide you knowledge and skills to build, deploy, control and monitor Kubernetes on Google Cloud.
Learning Objective and Outcomes
- Intro to Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Use Cloud Build to store the image in a container repository such as Google Container Registry (GCR.io).
- Deploy applications to multiple Kubernetes clusters
- Trigger Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Use Istio advanced routing to manipulate traffic to production and canary versions of the application within each cluster
- Control traffic using policy/quota management and enforcement
- Monitor traffic using open source tools such as:
- Metric and visualization with Prometheus and Grafana
- Logging and troubleshooting with Google Stackdriver (GCP Monitoring and management for services, containers, applications, and infrastructure)
Student Requirements and Prerequisites
- Basic understanding of Linux and Cloud technologies.
What Students Should Bring
- A laptop to get access to Google Cloud
Joe Albanese is Cloud Customer Engineer at Google. Joe is Certified Google Cloud Solutions Architect and holds ITIL and CCSK certifications. Before joining Google, Joe worked at companies like Dimension Data and Verizon communications in different roles related to Cloud architecture and solutions development. He is a graduate in Computer Science from the Ohio State University. Joe has an incredible understanding of Cloud technologies and industry.
Date and Time
November 1, 2019
- Morning session: 8:30 AM to 12 at noon
- Lunch break: 12:00 to 1:00 PM
- Afternoon session: 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Go to registration page to register for the training course and select “Ohio LinuxFest Institute Professional Pass”. During the registration process, you will get an option to select your training program.