Ohio LinuxFest Institute (OLFI) offers a choose-your-own-adventure approach to professional development. Expert instructors provide training on topics that are relevant to today’s technical professionals. OLFI is only available with the Ohio LinuxFest Institute Professional Pass registration. So please make sure you select this option on the Registration Page.
We’re pleased to continue offering OLFI at a competitive community rate. While other professional training is often thousands of dollars, early bird pricing for OLFI is $449 until October 1, 2019. After October 1st, the prices will raise to only $499 for advance registration and will be $549 for on site registration (subject to available seats). Advance registration not only saves you money but also insures that you will be in the session you need.
OLFI presents full-day training sessions (A morning session followed by an afternoon sessions with a lunch break).
Full Day Sessions (Morning and Afternoon)
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Boot Camp
- AWS Cloud Platform, CloudFormation and Terraform
- Kubernetes on Google Cloud
- Linux Containers Internals
- Linux Security Through Layers
- Using Ansible to Simplify Automation and Provisioning
- Web Application Security Testing
Registration for Training Courses
Go to registration page to register for the training course and select “Ohio LinuxFest Institute Professional Pass”. During the registration process, you will get an option to select your training program.
Requesting Funds for OLFI Training
You may use the following template to requests funds to support your OLFI training from your company or manager.
I’d like to attend the upcoming Ohio LInuxFest Conference and OLFI (Ohio LinuxFest Institute) taking place Friday and Saturday, November 1-2, 2019 in Columbus. After researching many conferences, you will agree that this is practical, reasonably priced and convenient conference. Hundreds of the most talented national professionals in the industry gather together for this event. Although the Expo Hall and keynote presentations will be crowded, the professional instruction available in OLFI provides a limited class size for individual attention addressing unique issues that the attendee presents. Professional Links to specific training opportunities (on Friday, November 1st.) are listed here: https://ohiolinux.org/olfi-training-2019/
Here’s how my attendance at Ohio LinuxFest Institute and Conference will be strengthening our company:
- Ohio LinuxFest connects the open source community under one roof. It saves time and money, covering many technologies for IT Architects, DevOps and Security Professionals.
- Many of the top technical minds attend as well as present annually. Face to face time as well as the participation in OLF social media groups encourages relationship building between conferences. This creates a strategic partnership that is a handy tool to use now and later since we face the same challenges and explore possible solutions.
- As a better trained, more confident employee, I will be of more value to the company by providing the experience, knowledge, and leadership to others in the workplace.
- My attendance provides positive exposure to our business through networking, birds of feather sessions, lightning talks. I will be proud to be supported by our company. My attendance shines a spotlight on how our company management values for the advancement of our company’s technology and staff.
If I pre-register, the fee is only $499. Included in the registration fee is the selected professional training workshop (OLFI), plus all the main conference keynotes and sessions, access to the sponsor technology expo, lunch and refreshment breaks. It also includes entrance to evening events.
I would be happy to write a post-conference report detailing what was learned and to recommend any changes we can implement to improve our practices.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Here’s hoping we can make this opportunity work.